On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Dave Airlie <airl...@linux.ie> wrote:
> I'm just wondering if anyone has already tackled this in any driver, and
> how this could work best. Does Gallium provide surface accessors for
> textures like spans?
>
> I'm sort of thinking I keep two buffers objects, one sw only and one for
> hw to use and use the GPU to blit between them when updates are needed.

That's roughly what I did for the <NV50 Gallium drivers. In general
that's what Gallium has for any kind of texture update, you can
map/unmap the actual texture or alloc a new temp texture and sync the
changes later. We use the latter and instead of a regular blit to sync
the changes we do a conversion blit.