2009/3/24 Thomas Hellstrom <thellst...@vmware.com>:
> Hi!
>
> It looks like the dri implementation is quite broken for
> makeContextCurrent(NULL, None, None).
> Drivers expect this to get through to the driver makeCurrent hook to be able
> to flush and to notify core mesa.

I don't know that it's broken or that drivers expect this - it's never
been reported to be an issue before.  But it's certainly a behaviour
we can change if we need to.

> However the current glx code sends this request to the X server only, and
> the dri bindContext() hooks can't take NULL as a context argument, because
> they use the context argument to get function tables.
>
> I see two ways of fixing this:
> 1) Extend dri_glx::driBindContext to take an extra (__GLXDRIcontextPrivate
> *)argument which is never NULL, and similarly extend
> dri_util::driBindContext to take an extra (__DRIcontext *) argument to
> access the function tables. Can we do this? Any special care that needs to
> be taken with extension versioning etc?? I'm not 100% sure, but I think
> driBindContext used to let the (NULL, None, None) call through to the driver
> MakeCurrent at some point.
>
> 2) Make sure all drivers implement the following driUnbindContext code:
> (driUnbindContext is currently on the old context if any _after_
> driBindContext is called for the new context)
>
> if (current_context == context_to_unbind)

We call unbind context on the old context when switching to a new
context, whether that's NULL or not.  Is that not sufficient for the
flushing you mention?

cheers,
Kristian