On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM, tom fogal <tfo...@alumni.unh.edu> wrote:
> Tom Fogal <tfo...@alumni.unh.edu> writes:
>> This removes `egl' from the variable SRC_DIRS, preventing Mesa
>> from automatically recursing/building that state tracker.  It
>> appears as if `egl' is not necessary in SRC_DIRS: there is
>> appropriate autoconfery to ensure it ends up in
>> GALLIUM_STATE_TRACKERS_DIRS, which is (correctly) only recursed
>> when Gallium is being built.
>
> The logic behind this path is that EGL isn't currently building on OS
> X.  Looks like eglplatform.h requires some platform-specific defs to
> define how the library binds to a windowing system.  Use the existing
> case for Linux/sun/something-else-I-forget would probably work as it
> uses X11, but on Mac it's not obvious one always wants to go through
> X11.  Anyway, we don't need it, so disabling it was the simplest thing
> for me to do at the moment, but I'm not sure if EGL is supposed to work
> on OS X.
>
> Please note that I haven't actually verified the claim that `egl' will
> still be recursed into for those that do actually use --enable-gallium
> (the default).  Further review/testing that it doesn't break anyone's
> Gallium w/ EGL would be greatly appreciated.

Gallium's EGL state tracker requires libEGL, and the only way it get's
built is if egl is in SRC_DIRS. So, this will break the typical build.
What I've been meaning to add is a --disable-egl switch which defaults
to yes only for platforms that can support it. Then if libEGL is not
being built, the EGL statetracker won't either. Haven't gotten around
to it, though.

--
Dan