Our package includes Mesa as part of its build, and we use swrast
for rendering in certain cases.  For quite some time now, we've been
patching the Mesa source to define the MAX_WIDTH/HEIGHT in config.h to
be a bit larger: currently 16k^2.

Is there interest in bumping this limit up?  Are there issues we're not
considering when we do this?

Perhaps we could have a config.h.in which gets generated during
configuration, and a --with-max-width=16384 could accomodate our case
without inflating the standard buffer sizes.

Thanks,

-tom