On Sunday 16 August 2009 17:22:37 Maarten Maathuis wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Zack Rusin<za...@vmware.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 August 2009 22:26:32 Maarten Maathuis wrote:
> >> - PIPE_TRANSFER_READ ended up being defined as 0, which is obviously
> >> fail.
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand, what's wrong with that?
>
> Often when you see READ, WRITE and READWRITE you expect the following:
>
> 1 bit represents READ, another represents WRITE, READWRITE combines
> the two bits.
>
> We (nouveau) weren't the first to make this mistake, the cell driver
> does it too.
>
> if (foo & READ) will do nothing good if READ == 0.
>
> That is the point.

Ah, so there's really nothing wrong with it, you just don't like the api and
would like to use it with bitwise ops. Yea, I think that makes sense. I'd just
suggest changing the last line to PIPE_TRANSFER_READ_WRITE =
PIPE_TRANSFER_READ | PIPE_TRANSFER_WRITE
in this case to make it explicit what it's supposed to be.