On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 00:12 -0700, Corbin Simpson wrote:
> Module: Mesa
> Branch: master
> Commit: 95a05621eb750c07e5c7a5eb64b8458d202192b3
>
> Author: Corbin Simpson <mostawesomed...@gmail.com>
> Date:   Mon Oct 12 20:47:00 2009 -0700
>
> r300g: Fallback on surfaces we can't render to or from.
>
> Still not sure why st keeps handing down things we can't render to.

Corbin,

This is a problem of the Mesa state tracker and most co-statetrackers
that sit on top of it. It's better than it was before but there are
still a few places where it uses formats without querying the driver. A
typical problem are PIPE_FORMAT_x -> Mesa visual translation. I had to
solve this in the WGL state tracker, but it would be nice if we had
shared code for that in src/mesa/state_tracker .

Jose