On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Keith Whitwell <kei...@vmware.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 12:26 -0800, Christoph Bumiller wrote:
>> Hi, I just noticed I get the stipple pattern in gallium in a wrong
>> byte ordering (as if they were 32 bit buggy endian words).
>
> It is specified as an array of 32 bit words.  On the mesa state-tracker,
> the bitmap is a direct memcpy of what is in ctx->PolygonStipple.
>
>> Is there a good reason why we mess up the bitmap ?
>
> This is a good format to use if you're doing a software rasterizer, ie
> something like (stipple[y%32] & (1<<(x%32)), regardless of endian
> issues.
>
>> If so I'll just
>> byte swap again in the pipe driver, but, I just thought normally you
>> wouldn't expect that you'd have to do that, thanks,
>
> Since polygon stipple is really a GL concept, I'd probably prefer to
> follow the Mesa representation.  In other words, if you want to change
> this, you need to bug Brian about ctx->PolygonStipple...

There shouldn't be any big/little endian issues with polygon stipple.

The polygon stipple unpack code in _mesa_unpack_polygon_stipple() in
image.c already is written with little/big endian taken into
consideration.  The representation in ctx->PolygonStipple[] is a
32-element array of 32-bit words and that's propagated through gallium
too.

Christoph, what platform are you on?  Which driver are you using?
What does progs/redbook/polys.c look like?

You are talking about polygon stipple, right?  And not line stipple?

You could also experiement with glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_SWAP_BYTE,
GL_TRUE) and see if that does anything.

-Brian