On 12/19/2009 04:11 AM, Corbin Simpson wrote:
> NAK to this series. Keith hasn't responded, although I expect that he
> would also NAK this. I would much rather have quads just never respect
> flatshade_first as part of the spec, than jump through these weird
> param hoops.
>
> Should somebody be documenting the API? I keep on having these kinds
> of stupid edge questions come up; r300 apparently is the quirkiest
> hardware of that generation.
>
> ~ C.
How about we kick out quads altogether ?
Having to flip the first/last bit depending on *what's being drawn* is
quirky.
I realize < nv50 don't follow the convention for quads (at least that's
what the spec says), so I'm outnumbered, but I don't see the harm in
following what OpenGL does here, i.e. just have the query.