I thought MSVC supported C99, but that seems not to be the case.

However, it seems to have partial C99 support, and according to MSDN
the particular case of for loop initializers C99 behaviour may be
selected with /Zc:forScope.

I can't find any reference on exactly which parts of C99 are supported.
I would guess it supports all the C99 features that are also in C++,
plus long long and possibly some library support.
Is that correct?

BTW, how about the Intel C/C++ compiler for Windows?
It seems it may support C99+GCC extensions and also output Windows
debugging information.