Hi all,

I just pushed a new EGL driver (egl_g3d) to master.  The new driver is located
at src/gallium/state_trackers/egl_g3d/.  When built, it provides .a archives
that are later linked to by src/gallium/winsys/drm/<hw>/egl_g3d/ to provide the
final EGL drivers loadable by libEGL.

This new driver supports mixed client APIs (OpenGL, OpenVG, and OpenGL ES).  It
supports both HW/SW rendering on X11 and supports EGL_MESA_screen_surface on
bare KMS.  The goal of this driver is to provide _the_ EGL driver for Gallium
architecture.

I am working on merging opengl-es-v2 branch.  When that is done, I plan to work
on preparing EGL for easy/wide adoption.  The specific items I have right now
are

* Write up documentation
* Remove unused/non-working EGL drivers
* Remove drivers that are deprecated by egl_g3d
* Automatic driver selection (like DRI)
* Re-organize EGL demos

The drivers to be removed are

* Unused
  * src/egl/drivers/demo/
  * src/egl/drivers/xdri/
* Non-working
  * src/egl/drivers/dri/
  * src/mesa/drivers/dri/fb/fb_egl.c
  * src/mesa/drivers/dri/radeon/server/radeon_egl.c
  * src/mesa/drivers/dri/r600/server/radeon_egl.c
  * src/mesa/drivers/dri/r300/server/radeon_egl.c
  * src/mesa/drivers/dri/r200/server/radeon_egl.c
* Deprecated by egl_g3d
  * src/gallium/state_trackers/egl/
  * src/gallium/winsys/egl_xlib/

If anyone has any concern or is actively using any of the driver listed above,
please let me konw.  The removal, especially of those in the last category, is
still a plan, and is supposed to be several weeks away.  If anyone has any
trouble using/testing egl_g3d, please let me know too.

As for the re-organization, I want to move various demos using EGL to
progs/egl/.  The directory structure will be like

progs/egl/opengl
progs/egl/opengles1
progs/egl/opengles2
progs/egl/openvg

There will be simple window-system glue code that the demos may use.  Simple
demos who use the glue code will be able to run on multiple window systems like
X11 and bare KMS.

There are also plans for new features and internal cleanups.  But I want to
start with attracting new users/developers first, as EGL is almost ready to
shine.

-olv