Hi Jakob,

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Chia-I Wu <olva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Chia-I Wu <olva...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I myself would like to see the st_visual and st_api->make_current issues
>> resolved (listed as issue 1 and 3 in DESIGN file).
> The DESIGN file is available at
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~olv/st_api/tree/DESIGN
> Other than issue 1 and 3, I would like to have some feedbacks about the
> simplification of the resource lookup callbacks (issue 2).  The callbacks are
> designed for future extensibility without breaking the ABI.  I think that is
> not a concern right now, and it may be simplified.
>> I also want to use a consistent variable naming in st_api.h.  Here is my
>> preference
>> * use smapi for "struct st_manager_api"
>> * use stapi for "struct st_api"
>> * use stfb/stdraw/stread for "struct st_framebuffer"
>> * use stctx/stshare for "strcut st_context"
>> * use statt for "enum st_framebuffer_attachment"
>> In the state trackers or st managers, there might already be
>> structs/enums to represent things like api, fb, ctx, or att.  Prefixing
>> those in st_api.h help state trackers distinguish which of them they are
>> refering to.
>> I now also think "struct st_manager" might be a better name than
>> "struct st_manager_api".  How does it sound?
> And the naming issue.
> They should be the remaining issues I would like to resolve for this round of
> design.  I think others can be left for next round, after we start the work
> and
> gain more insights.
I've updated st_api.h and put together a quick demo at

http://0xlab.org/~olv/st-api-quick-hack/

It ports st/vega and st/egl to st_api.h.  The openvg demos should work with the
port.  The interesting patches should be the third and the last one.

Other design issues might be discovered after st/dri and st/mesa are ported,
but during the port of st/vega, the biggest issue is that "st_framebuffer" is
already used in st/vega.  Do you think we should rename "st_framebuffer" in
st_api.h to "st_drawable"?  And I expect another naming issue when porting
st/mesa, which already has "st_context"...