> We can do this optimisation with busy as well. As long as you add
> things to the busy list at the end, and stop testing after the first
> busy call. At least for a single linear GPU context, which is all
> I expect this code will ever be handling.

Wouldn't this just end up reinventing the fenced bufmgr?

Basically cached needs a list of all destroyed buffers (ideally in
destruction order, so it can do the stopping optimization when
expiring buffers), while the busy mechanism needs a list of all used
buffers (destroyed or not) in usage order.

So it seems it would need two lists, and essentially result in
something that replicates fenced inside cached.

BTW, right now I think all drivers use a single GPU context in
userspace. Even Nouveau multiplexes Gallium contexts on a single
channel (this is probably broken though).