[sent to ML too]

Michal,
I noticed you made some commits related to half float support in Gallium.

I had already done this work and implemented a fast conversion
algorithm capable of handling all cases based on a paper cited in the
commit, but hadn't gotten around to proposing it yet.

I created a "gallium-fast-half-float" branch and put my work there, so
it may be useful to you.
Feel free to merge, rebase and/or adapt it against Mesa master.

The conversion function itself has been tested separately from
Gallium, but I haven't tested softpipe on fp16 data.

Ideally we should find a way to have Mesa use this improved converter
instead of the one it currently uses, but I'm not sure how to arrange
this with the current buildsystem.