Hi Wade, I sort of figured that something like this would be the case. We are 
starting to think about using a V1000/R1000 in a product and am exploring if it 
is possible to utilise the GPU as a compute accelerator. Any pointers to 
background info sources or discoveries would be a great help. For now thanks 
for the clarification, I will not waste time trying to use what is in meta-amd. 
Peter



From: Farnsworth, Wade <[email protected]>
Sent: 19 February 2020 15:06
To: Smith, Peter1 (GE Renewable Energy) <[email protected]>; 
[email protected]
Cc: Awan, Arsalan <[email protected]>
Subject: EXT: RE: Status of OpenCL Support

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately we have not had an opportunity to update OpenCL support to Yocto 
warrior.  The prebuilt solution that we had for sumo is not compatible with 
warrior, and we encountered multiple issues when compiling the OpenCL runtime 
from source under GCC 8.  I am CC'ing Arsalan Awan who has investigated this 
issue.  Perhaps he can provide more details if required.

Best Regards,

Wade

From: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Peter Smith
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 9:54 AM
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: [meta-amd] Status of OpenCL Support

Hi, was wondering about the status of the OpenCL support in 
meta-amd/meta-amd-bsp/recipes-rocm? I can see that there are various binaries 
installed by the recipes therein but the documentation at the root of meta-amd 
suggests that OpenCL is not supported on any of the machines. I'm particularly 
interested in the v1000. Peter
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#108): https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-amd/message/108
Mute This Topic: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/mt/71375019/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-amd/unsub  
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to