Hello Ryan,

On 8/28/2026 2:38 AM, Ryan Eatmon wrote:


On 8/27/2026 11:51 AM, Andrew Davis wrote:
On 8/27/26 10:07 AM, Hari Prasath via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
Copy the TI vendor kernel dma-heap.h header, which has the
DMA_HEAP_IOCTL_EXPORT ioctl that the default linux-libc-headers
doesn't have.

Signed-off-by: Hari Prasath Gujulan Elango <[email protected]>
---

https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/blob/master/meta/ recipes-kernel/linux-libc-headers/linux-libc-headers.inc#L7


Hari, what happened to doing this like what NXP did?  Install this header into a different subdir in /usr/include?

https://github.com/nxp-imx/meta-imx/blob/wrynose-6.18.20-2.0.0/meta-imx- bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx-headers_6.18.bb

I don't think doing it this way is going to be the right way of doing it.

I did try this approach. The downside I saw was it clone's the entire kernel source repo again which took too long. I also ended up in some do_unpack() failures (the logs which I shared with you) so I gave up on this approach. I have sent a new patch which ends up doing the same i.e. it copies the needed UAPI header into /usr/include/ti/linux, same as what NXP does.

Regards,
Hari






-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#17616): 
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-arago/message/17616
Mute This Topic: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/mt/120957524/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-arago/unsub 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Reply via email to