On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Ann Thornton
<ann.thorn...@freescale.com> wrote:

> Here is the problem:  The EULA is updated frequently with changes that really
> don't matter to existing packages.  New 3rd party requirements are added that
> apply to new packages, typos are occasionally fixed, and so on.
>
> If this patch is limiting us to only one EULA in all packages, that means all
> of the older packages have to be updated with new EULAs and a new version
> number every few months.  That is just not going to happen.  Not to mention
> other groups that have older packages as well.  The core of the EULA has not
> changed and will not change (the legal department has promised us that) so we
> expect that future EULAs will be in line with the current ones.
>
> It looks like Stefan is saying that the using LIC_FILES_CHKSUM_append will
> override the problem.  But we will need to put that in all the recipes so the
> end result will nullify this patch, I think.

Ann, we need to separate two issues here:

 - technical
 - legal

The technical is easy to address and all justifications you and Lauren
gave us are technical. I am concerned the legal ones and this needs to
have a official statement from Freescale explicitly saying it and
taking the responsibility for it.

As I said, please point _in the EULA text_ where all this statements
are written and I am fine with this, otherwise this is a legal flaw..