On 17 September 2014 15:20,  <sreeju.armughanx.selva...@intel.com> wrote:
> Added MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS to include dpdk v1.7.0 support
> for romley machiine, so that dpdk will be enabled by default
> for Romley. Also included the dpdk example package, so that
> user can use example apps to exercise the DPDK libraries.

I went through this with the guy who submitted the 1.7 recipes.

On their own, the DPDK packages are useless as the user needs to
compile their application with them.  What you're basically doing is
forcing a library onto *every* image for that machine, even ones that
don't want to use DPDK.  Please don't do that.

Ross