On 8/10/2022 9:47, Andrew Davis wrote:
If we do not have TI_SECURE_DEV_PKG set then SYSFW generation will fail
if we are building for the HS platform. When TI_SECURE_DEV_PKG is not
set we assume the builder is only interested in the GP boards, so fake
generating the HS SYSFW images. These will be non-functional on HS
boards, but they would have been just as non-functional if built
without TI_SECURE_DEV_PKG set.

Have you tested what happens if they do not have it set and build the "dummy" files, and then realize their mistake, set the variable and build again? Do the files then build correctly, or does the sstate cache prevent them from getting the correct thing without clearing the cache and rebuilding everything?

--
Ryan Eatmon                reat...@ti.com