On 3/1/23 3:01 AM, Matthias Schiffer wrote:
On Tue, 2023-02-28 at 20:26 -0500, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 10:20:12AM +0100, Matthias Schiffer wrote:
On Wed, 2023-02-22 at 20:38 -0500, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
So, testing the latest patch series, I started getting breakage on all SGX
platforms:

WARNING: tisdk-default-image-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: ti-sgx-ddk-um.postinst returned
1, marking as unpacked only, configuration required on target.
ERROR: tisdk-default-image-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Postinstall scriptlets of
['ti-sgx-ddk-um'] have failed. If the intention is to defer them to first boot,
then please place them into pkg_postinst_ontarget:${PN} ().
Deferring to first boot via 'exit 1' is no longer supported.
Details of the failure are in
/OE/arago-kirkstone/build/arago-tmp-default-glibc/work/am335x_evm-oe-linux-gnueabi/tisdk-default-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/OE/arago-kirkstone/build/arago-tmp-default-glibc/work/am335x_evm-oe-linux-gnueabi/tisdk-default-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.156835
ERROR: Task
(/OE/arago-kirkstone/sources/meta-arago/meta-arago-distro/recipes-core/images/tisdk-default-image.bb:do_rootfs)
 failed with exit code '1'

WARNING: tisdk-default-image-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: ti-sgx-ddk-um.postinst returned
1, marking as unpacked only, configuration required on target.
ERROR: tisdk-default-image-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Postinstall scriptlets of
['ti-sgx-ddk-um'] have failed. If the intention is to defer them to first boot,
then please place them into pkg_postinst_ontarget:${PN} ().
Deferring to first boot via 'exit 1' is no longer supported.
Details of the failure are in
/OE/arago-kirkstone/build/arago-tmp-default-glibc/work/am57xx_evm-oe-linux-gnueabi/tisdk-default-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/OE/arago-kirkstone/build/arago-tmp-default-glibc/work/am57xx_evm-oe-linux-gnueabi/tisdk-default-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.164346
ERROR: Task
(/OE/arago-kirkstone/sources/meta-arago/meta-arago-distro/recipes-core/images/tisdk-default-image.bb:do_rootfs)
 failed with exit code '1'

WARNING: tisdk-default-image-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: ti-sgx-ddk-um.postinst returned
1, marking as unpacked only, configuration required on target.
ERROR: tisdk-default-image-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Postinstall scriptlets of
['ti-sgx-ddk-um'] have failed. If the intention is to defer them to first boot,
then please place them into pkg_postinst_ontarget:${PN} ().
Deferring to first boot via 'exit 1' is no longer supported.
Details of the failure are in
/OE/arago-kirkstone/build/arago-tmp-default-glibc/work/am65xx_evm-oe-linux/tisdk-default-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/OE/arago-kirkstone/build/arago-tmp-default-glibc/work/am65xx_evm-oe-linux/tisdk-default-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.159785
ERROR: Task
(/OE/arago-kirkstone/sources/meta-arago/meta-arago-distro/recipes-core/images/tisdk-default-image.bb:do_rootfs)
 failed with exit code '1'

Reverting this commit helps with the build:
https://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-ti/commit/?h=kirkstone&id=f50f55102f926ba58ea22339a98e4239370af6c6

So far I didn't have time to dig deeper, though it's not obvious right away...

Hi Denys,

I assume that the failing postinst script must come from update-
rc.d.bbclass, but without knowing what command in the script is failing
it's difficult to say anything for certain. Would it be possible for
you to make a ti-sgx-ddk-um RPM or similar from the failing build
available for us to have a look at?

What DISTRO_FEATURES is your build using? sysvinit, no systemd?

Matthias,

This is default Arago distro with both systemd and sysvinit in the
DISTRO_FEATURES, and it generates IPKs. I looked at the corresponding
postinst scripts and didn't see anything obvious.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to debug that further and had to
switch to graphics updates. Part of it was updating SGX UM recipe
and forcing rebuild, so I haven't seen any breakage since then.

I might try reshuffling my patch queue in order to reproduce it, if I
have time, to see if it was due to stale sstate or something similar.

Hi Denys,

I believe I have seen stale sstate issues with postinst scripts before.

IIRC, something like adding "unset pkg_postinst_ontarget_${PN}" to a
bbappend didn't trigger a rebuild, but I never got around to check
whether the bug was caused by postinst(_ontarget), unset, or a
combination of both. According to my Git log, this must have been on
WRL LTS18 / Yocto Thud though, so what you're seeing might also be an
entirely different issue...

I'm getting the error with a clean sstate. Seem it is related to
update-rc.d. We should *not* inherit this class unless we have
something deployed to init.d/ but your patch removes those files
in the default case and so update-rc.d fails.

inherit ${@bb.utils.contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'sysvinit', 'update-rc.d', '',
d)}

Seems to help, but only handles the case when sysvinit is not used,
not the case when udev in PACKAGECONFIG causes the initscript to be
removed. That might require some more complex check.

Andrew