On 9/8/2026 9:05 AM, Ryan Eatmon via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
On 9/7/2026 10:48 AM, Franz Schnyder wrote:
Hello,
In addition to the patch I sent earlier to remove the makedepend
dependency [1], we are experiencing issues with our builds targeting the
master branches. There is a problem with the oe-core clang/LLVM upgrade
to 23.1.0. libclc fails to build and therefore also mesa-pvr.
| The no-dev option is deprecated. Use -Wno-author instead.
| -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 16.2.0
| -- The C compiler identification is GNU 16.2.0
| -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
| -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
| -- Check for working CXX compiler:
/var/home/scf/build/BSP8/bitbake-builds/tdxref-master/build/tmp/work/aarch64-tdx-linux/libclc/23.1.0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/aarch64-tdx-linux/aarch64-tdx-linux-g++ - skipped
| -- Detecting CXX compile features
| -- Detecting CXX compile features - done
| -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
| -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
| -- Check for working C compiler:
/var/home/scf/build/BSP8/bitbake-builds/tdxref-master/build/tmp/work/aarch64-tdx-linux/libclc/23.1.0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/aarch64-tdx-linux/aarch64-tdx-linux-gcc - skipped
| -- Detecting C compile features
| -- Detecting C compile features - done
| -- Check for working CLC compiler:
/var/home/scf/build/BSP8/bitbake-builds/tdxref-master/build/tmp/work/aarch64-tdx-linux/libclc/23.1.0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/aarch64-tdx-linux/aarch64-tdx-linux-gcc
| CMake Error at cmake/modules/CMakeTestCLCCompiler.cmake:29 (message):
| The CLC compiler
|
|
/var/home/scf/build/BSP8/bitbake-builds/tdxref-master/build/tmp/work/aarch64-tdx-linux/libclc/23.1.0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/aarch64-tdx-linux/aarch64-tdx-linux-gcc
|
| is not able to compile a simple OpenCL test program.
|
| Output:
|
| aarch64-tdx-linux-gcc: error: unrecognized command-line option
| '--target=spirv64-unknown-unknown'
|
| Call Stack (most recent call first):
| CMakeLists.txt:20 (enable_language)
|
|
| -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
I tried to understand what is going on.
As oe-core removed libclc, a copy was introduced with
commit de61ea26 ("libclc: Import from removed oe-core recipe").
However, with the upgrade to 23.1.0, libclc changes how it detects the
build compiler.
Due to the constantly introduced breaking changes from LLVM, mesa itself
moved to its own libclc fork with mesa-libclc [2].
I tried to follow a similar path for mesa-pvr-25.inc:
--- a/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-pvr-25.inc
+++ b/meta-ti-bsp/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-pvr-25.inc
@@ -206 +206 @@
-PACKAGECONFIG[libclc] = "...,,libclc spirv-tools
spirv-llvm-translator ${MESA_NATIVE}"
+PACKAGECONFIG[libclc] = "...,,mesa-libclc spirv-tools
spirv-llvm-translator ${MESA_NATIVE}"
@@ -239 +239 @@
-RDEPENDS:libopencl-mesa += "...'libclc'..."
+RDEPENDS:libopencl-mesa += "...'mesa-libclc'..."
+ dropping libclc_git.bb
mesa-libclc builds correctly, but mesa-pvr do_configure then fails:
| Found CMake: NO
| Run-time dependency libclc found: NO (tried pkg-config)
| ../sources/mesa-pvr-25.2.8/meson.build:873:12: ERROR: Dependency
| "libclc" not found (tried pkg-config)
I got a bit stuck on what the correct approach would be.
Adding a patch to change the dependency in powervr meson.build source?
Before spending more time on it, I wanted to report this here first.
Any ideas how to proceed?
You are basically at the same place I'm at with this. Welcome to the
quagmire. =)
Now that I'm back from the holiday weekend this is my main focus on
getting working.
I have a fix. I updated the libclc recipe to detach from the clang
version and lock into the 22.1.8 version that was working before libclc
was removed in oe-core.
I have a few other fixes to also roll out for the openssl 4.0 change
that I'm also testing. Once I get everything working I'll send out the
patch series and work on getting master updated with the fixes.
[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/yocto-meta-ti/[email protected]/T/#u
[2]
https://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=2614dd44ed724844df13d44b7cb6f8971925b0a3
Kind regards
Franz
--
Ryan Eatmon [email protected]
-----------------------------------------
Texas Instruments, Inc. - LCPD - MGTS
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#20349):
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-ti/message/20349
Mute This Topic: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/mt/121130603/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/meta-ti/unsub
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-