I'm learning yocto and was able to easily boot my BBB with a
core-image-minimal system using the meta-yocto-bsp layer. However, when I
removed that layer and tried with meta-ti, I just see this on the Putty
serial console, it repeats over an over:

U-Boot SPL 2018.01-g6d540394a4 (Aug 22 2018 - 16:33:01)
Trying to boot from MMC1
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

I'm copying MLO, zImage, u-boot.img, and am335x-boneblack.dtb to the BOOT
(1st) partition of my uSD card. Then extracting
core-image-minimal-beaglebone.tar.xz -C to the ROOT (2nd) partition of my
uSD card. This works fine when using meta-yocto-bsp, but not with meta-ti.
So, if anyone can help me understand what the different steps are between
using the two different layers, I'd greatly appreciate it. Spent several
days trying to figure this out so far.

Thanks in advance,
Leo