Hello Bruce,

On Fri, 2023-11-03 at 09:59 -0400, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
> In theory, I created the type=kmeta for just that purpose, kernel-cache and
> fragment extensions, so keying on it is at least consistent :)

I had this feeling regarding type=kmeta, trying to understand the limited
documentation and how to use it with file:// and nested directories.

However, I find it extremely useful to have custom .scc files with
the whole verification machinery in kernel-yocto.bbclass.

I doubt that each and every use case must be upstreamed and go
via yocto-kernel-cache, I believe users may have valid but very
specific .scc tailored for their use cases.

> > I can also try and think up another variable or a way to exclude that
> > dependency

So maybe another variable could be an answer.
Because it's hard to distinguish real type-kmeta yocto-kernel-cache
(especially if people would have their local, maybe partial mirrors)
from just couple of .scc files.

--
Alexander Sverdlin
Siemens AG