Hi Mike,

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 3:01 AM, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijm...@topic.nl> wrote:
> On 10-03-16 11:17, Nathan Rossi wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 7:29 PM, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijm...@topic.nl>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> After migrating to the current 4.4 kernel, I noticed that the internal
>>> timer
>>> no longer works correctly.
>>>
>>> When the CPU frequency scaling sets the CPU speed to 333MHz, the "wall
>>> clock" time also slows down to half the normal rate (e.g. a "sleep 1"
>>> will
>>> actually take 2 seconds).
>>>
>>> This wasn't the case on the 4.0 kernels.
>>

>> Is this only on linux-xlnx kernels? or linux-yocto and or mainline kernels
>> too?
>

> It's quite easy to test on ANY kernel, just set the CPU to 333MHz,
> typically:
>
> echo 333333 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed
>
> and then check how long "sleep 1" really takes.
>
> (Most boards default to "userspace" governor, setting the governor to
> "ondemand" will also reduce the speed)

This is a known issue with Zynq. Stuff also horribly breaks if you run
speedgrade 3 devices with cpufreq,
as the prescaler hack goes horribly wrong for these. The issue is that
the cadence ttc's clock depends on
the cpu clock ... which changes ...
I just turn off cpufreq on my Zynq targets since it breaks the timers
for non speedgrade 1 devices and
use the arm global timer instead.

Cheers,

Moritz