On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Eric Wong <ewo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 20:56:46, Edward Wingate wrote:
> >> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:25 AM, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans at
> topic.nl> wrote:
> >> As the datasheet should have explained, "0" is not a valid PHY address.
> So
> >> that does not leave many options. "0" is actually the "broadcast"
> address on
> >> the MDIO bus, so all phys will respond to it. Which makes it work with
> just
> >> one PHY, but with multiple PHYs on the MDIO bus this will not work.
> >
> >The datasheet itself never mentions 0 as being the broadcast address.
> >I wonder if the GMII-to_RGMII IP responds to 0, or only its assigned
> >PHY address.
>
> We have an almost identical configuration to yours as you've been
> describing it and were able to get the 2nd ethernet port working by
> adding this to the sclr-clkc device tree:
> clocks = <&clkc 17>;
> clock-names = "gem1_emio_clk";

A few months back, I mentioned the above, that adding those 2 lines to
sclr/clkc device tree made the 2nd ethernet port work.  Can anyone tell me
exactly what they're doing?  If I weren't using Linux and its device tree,
what would be the bare-metal Xilinx SDK equivalent way to configure
whatever those two lines are doing?  Appreciate any help!