On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Mike Looijmans
<mike.looijm...@topic.nl> wrote:
> One would normally add a status="disabled"; instead of changing the
> compatible.
>
> You can also completely remove the node using:
>
> /delete-node/ &ps7_i2c_0;

Neither disabled nor delete-node seem to work. CPU1 can't access the
ps7_i2c_0 unless the node is entirely defined in the device tree.
Until I figure out how to do it the right way, I'll have to leave it
like that so that it at least works, though that opens up the
possibility that something in Linux may try to access it.

> As for the clock, it just does not seem right to force-enable all clocks.

I just did this to test if it had any effect when using "incompatible"
(and "disabled" and "delete-node").

> I would instantiate a "dummy" platform driver that doesn't really do
> anything, but manages the resources that the FreeRTOS part needs, such as
> clocks and memory ranges. That ensures that other drivers won't access it.

How would this dummy driver ensure other Linux drivers won't access
things without also locking out CPU1 from using, say, the ps7 i2c
controller?

Thanks,
Ed