On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 5:17 PM, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijm...@topic.nl> wrote:
> On 11-10-16 08:51, Edward Wingate wrote:
>>
>> I cross-compiled an application to run on Linux on the Zynq-7020.
>> Trying to execute it gives "No such file or directory" error.
>>
>> # file app_hello.elf
>> app_hello.elf: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV),
>> dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for
>> GNU/Linux 4.4.0,
>> BuildID[sha1]=06498863e79d3eabe670610b2cbb0440272f047e, not stripped
>>
>> I don't have /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, but I do have
>> /lib/ld-linux.so.3.  I symlinked ld-linux-armhf.so.3 to ld-linux.so.3
>> and my application runs fine now.
>>
>> Where did things go wrong?  Is my Yocto build not properly creating
>> ld-linux-armhf.so.3?  Or is my application cross-compilation using the
>> wrong ld-linux?  I'm using Xilinx SDK 2016.2 to cross-compile the
>> Linux application.
>

> I suspect one of your toolchains is using hard-float ABI and the other
> soft-float. This will work fine if you don't exchange any floating-point
> data.

Xilinx changed their default toolchain provided by XSDK to arm hard
float in a recent version (v2016.1?).

As such meta-xilinx also switched (krogoth and newer) to defaulting to
hard-float as there was no longer a need to default to soft-fp for
compatibility. You can read a bit about it here:

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-xilinx/2016-February/001466.html

> The solution is to use the same toolchain for everything. Don't use the
> Yocto toolchain for the rootfs and then the Xilinx toolchain for an
> executable.

This is definitely recommended, you can build an "SDK" with Yocto if
you need the toolchain for standalone development.

Some reference links:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#cross-development-toolchain-generation
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#sdk-dev-environment

Regards,