On 28 April 2017 at 05:13, Philip Balister <phi...@balister.org> wrote:
> On 04/27/2017 12:59 PM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
>> On 27-04-17 16:11, Nathan Rossi wrote:
>>> Looking at the differences, ignoring the obvious zynqmp/microblaze
>>> changes there are only a few features that are available in
>>> u-boot-xlnx that are not in mainline:
>>>  * partial bitstream loading support
>>>  * secure/encrypted bitstream loading support
>>>  * support for rsa verification of images
>>>  * board configs/devicetrees for various Xilinx internal boards
>>
>> You missed one: Dual-QSPI flash support. That only exists on
>> u-boot-xlnx, it never got implemented in a way acceptable to upstream.

Ah yes I did miss that, my bad. Fooled myself thinking it was working
when testing u-boot on a zc706.

>> The same goes for the kernel. The only way to get dual-qspi flash to
>> work is to use the xlnx bootloader and kernel.
>
> But surely this could be handled as patches adding this feature to
> mainline, and not carrying a custom u-boot source tree forever.

There was a series sent for u-boot that adds this support, so applying
that series would work (even though the changes were not accepted).
(https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/650100/)

Regards,
Nathan