Here's a Linux driver for a simple panel framebuffer:
  https://github.com/topic-embedded-products/kernel-module-vdmafb

The corresponding (non free) IP supports several VGA and display outputs.

Or you can create something compatible. It uses the Xilinx VDMA controller, so you can also use it as an example for a VDMA based framebuffer.