We are developing a custom board based on the 7020. We have a functioning
Petalinux build, but I've been tasked with getting a yocto poky build
working with the same board.

I have used online tutorials/instructions and now have a working bitbake
build with poky + meta-xilinx. I've copied and renamed meta-xilinx to
meta-xilinx-custom. I've changed many files that referenced zynq7-zc702 or
zc702-zynq files to use zynq7-zc702-custom. I've removed meta-xilinx from
the project and added meta-xilinx-custom. The build seems to go smoothly
until I get to the dts -> dtb step. Then I'm told that there is no rule to
make 'arch/arm/boot/dts/zynq7-zc702-custom.dtb'. This error is immediately
followed by a reference to arch/arm/Makefile, which appears in several
places in tmp/work and tmp/work-shared.

My repo does not include build/tmp, so I'm relatively certain that I don't
want to edit these files directly. I do find :
dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_ZYNQ) += zynq-zc702.dtb \
zynq-zc706.dtb \
zynq-zed.dtb \
zynq-zybo.dtb \
zynq-microzed.dtb \
zynq-cc108.dtb \
zynq-picozed.dtb \
zynq-topic-miami.dtb \
zynq-topic-miamiplus.dtb \
zynq-zc770-xm010.dtb \
zynq-zc770-xm011.dtb \
zynq-zc770-xm012.dtb \
zynq-zc770-xm013.dtb

in the Makefile in /build/tmp/work/.../git/arch/arm/dts.

How do I add zynq7-zc702-custom.dtb to this file without editing it
directly?

--
Patricia Sandt
Intelligent Construction Tools LLC