Hi Anjana,

See my comments below.

1.       Here is the FreeBSD wiki aarch64 port https://wiki.freebsd.org/arm64.
Someone has ported FreeBSD to Xilinx Zynq-7000 devices

a.       http://www.skibo.net/zedbsd/

b.      https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Zedboard

c.       https://github.com/freebsd/crochet

d.      https://github.com/freebsd/crochet/blob/master/board/ZedBoard/setup.sh

2.       PetaLinux is backend Yocto and I haven’t seen more people posting
questions on building FreeBSD in Yocto mailing list(Since 8 years). Someone
should have ported FreeBSD using Yocto. Why don’t you send an email to yocto
mailing list and copy
meta-xilinx(meta-xil...@lists.yoctoproject.org<mailto:meta-xil...@lists.yoctoproject.org>)
 they might have recipes which you can use as reference.

3.       Since we don’t know what are all the road blocks while porting FreeBSD
to Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC It’s hard to predict evaluation  timeline. Any board
bring up for new hardware platform(using Yocto) will be 8-10 weeks.

Also you can send an email to FreeBSD mailing list so that someone can help on
this.

We have some vendors who supports 3rd party OS and I don’t see anyone
supporting FreeBSD. http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/3rd+Party+Operating+Systems

Thanks,
Sandeep