Hi Dennis,

On 15/11/18 16:26, Dennis Mungai wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm currently in possession of the aforementioned device, the
> AES-ZU7EV-1-SK-G, link:
> https://www.avnet.com/shop/us/products/avnet-engineering-services/aes-zu7ev-1-sk-g-3074457345634251668/
>
> According to AVNET, its' based on the ZCU106 platform, see:
> https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/zcu106.html#hardware
>
> With that in mind, I went ahead and built a Yocto image for the 2018.2
> TRD, here:
> https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842038/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+VCU+TRD+2018.2+-+Design+Module+3

The TRD for ZCU106 will not work on a different board. The SoC is
similar, but not equal, and the rest of the hardware is totally different.

You can reuse most of the principles from the TRD, but you have to
reimplement it on your own hardware, unless Avnet provides a working
configuration. At the very least you'll need to use the proper
part/board in your Vivado project and a devicetree for the Avnet board
(the zedboard.org site has some support files for that).

--
Luca