Hi Arno,

On 29/11/18 08:31, Arno Steffens wrote:
> Hello, I am a bit confused to see that in GIT (linked in Yocto
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-xilinx/ ->
> git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-xilinx ) there are no commits since August.

As far as I can understand, the repo on git.yoctoproject.org is the
"yocto-official" repository, which contains master and a branch for each
yocto release (rocko, sumo,...). It uses the open-source community workflow.

The "other" repo is at https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx, which has
the same branches and additionally has:
 - master-next, which is what you can expect to see in a while on the
   master branch of both repos
 - xilinx-*, the fork branches that xilinx uses to release their own
   reference designs. They implement the Xilinx workflow, and are in
   sync with their development tools (Vivado, Petalinux...)

Look at the github one for bleeding-edge development and xilinx-specific
code.

More info about the two workflows in [0], slides 11-13.

> But in this mailing list I can see commits (especially regarding thud).

Commits are not notified in this list. What you see are patches, which
don't always get accepted. There have been patches to bump to thud in
November 5, but they have not been accepted.

However, since yesterday the master-next branch has this commit:

  17a5f3321f83 layer.conf: Add thud as LAYERSERIES_COMPAT

so it looks like thud support is coming soon.

[0] http://lucaceresoli.net/wp-content/uploads/zynqmp-linux.pdf

--
Luca