Hi Jean-Francois,

On 04/06/19 04:43, Jean-Francois Dagenais wrote:
> Thanks for the comeback Luca.
>
>> On Jun 3, 2019, at 03:47, Luca Ceresoli <l...@lucaceresoli.net> wrote:
>>
>> Not really I'm afraid, but I tried building a pmufw now without
>> multiconfig and it succeeds in master, thud and the shiny new
>> rel-v2019.01 branch on xilinx's github and they all succeed.
>>
>> Which commit are you using?
> v2019.1

Do you mean the "rel-v2019.1" branch of meta-xilinx? Or the
"xilinx-v2019.1" tag of embeddedsw? Or the "release-2019.1" branch
branch of embeddedsw?

In other words, can you describe the exact steps to have a setup that
reproduces your problem? Or try from scratch by adding the needed layers
and do a build without changes? I suspect there's something
"non-standard" in your setup. Except for being non-multiconfig, my
working setup is very basic.

>> Does a non-multiconfig setup work?
> Will try this tomorrow.
>
> In the mean time, I inspected copy_bsp.sh more carefully and it seems that
> commit 6aa787afce5ae454ce0a072fbf93e47e3960ada1 (and
> ae0d2a0989e3855d2044ab55dabc78ff35e38137 ??? ) removes
> lib/sw_services/xilsecure/src/xsecure_sha2_pmu.a so I am really wondering how
> this:
> https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/blob/86e2a1940f997f291ea5c1628f3c8a945133f100/lib/sw_apps/zynqmp_pmufw/misc/copy_bsp.sh#L93
>  would work for anyone!
>
> Luca, you say it works for you on 2019.1

I had tried branch rel-v2019.1 of meta-xilinx, with whatever
pmu-firmware commit it uses. I didn't look into the embeddedsw git repo.

> have you tried with a really clean workdir for pmu-firmware (bitbake
> pmu-firmware -c cleanall)? (Just to be sure)

Done that now. It keeps on building succeessfully.

> ...And what's happening in the embeddedsw repo?? There is a branch called
> release-v2019.1 but there is a fork from commit
> 6d04739c1ddc8727911e8b14163336c86ceafa10 where almost all commits are
> repeated and there's a tag xilinx-v2019.1 on top. The two branches are almost
> identical. A few differences in pdfs, licenses and htmls and an extra
> lib/sw_services/xilsem directory on the xilinx-v2019.1 side.

I just had a look. Indeed the tag and the branch have as many as 5700
files changed (!), but 99% are only whitespace and newline changes.
Finding the real differences between them is very frustrating.

> What gives?? How confusing is this! Which are we suppose to use? Don't get me
> wrong... I am glad I can access the code here. ;) But it looks like Xilinx is
> using some patch/apply workflow internally and it's not working tip top.

Indeed. Good to have the source code, but its current status is confusing.

--
Luca