Hi Manju!

> On Jun 25, 2019, at 23:40, Manjukumar Harthikote Matha <manju...@xilinx.com>
> wrote:
>
> We don't plan to use image-features going forward with fpga-manager. The best
> way is to just enable using FPGA_MNGR_RECONFIG_ENABLE. Setting the variable
> to "1" allow you to use the script and utility

Hmmm... this line
FPGA_MNGR_RECONFIG_ENABLE ?= "${@bb.utils.contains('IMAGE_FEATURES',
'fpga-manager', '1', '0', d)}"

enable FPGA_MNGR_RECONFIG_ENABLE through 'fpga-manager' in IMAGE_FEATURES. The
problem is that this is not a recognized IMAGE_FEATURE so it fails with
bb.parse.SkipRecipe("'%s' in IMAGE_FEATURES is not a valid image feature...
from image.bbclass

So do you recommend I add something like this to mymachine.conf?

FPGA_MNGR_RECONFIG_ENABLE = "1"
MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_DEPENDS += "fpga-manager-util"
EXTRA_HDF = "${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}"

Is this how it is meant to be used? (without petalinux)

Thanks!
P.S.: Did you look into my other patch?