Hello, all:

Every time LKML.org goes down, there's discussion about kernel.org
hosting our own public archive of LKML. There are good reasons why this
hasn't been done before, but I won't bore you with them.

The question I do have is whether public-inbox is the right tool for
doing something like this. LKML message count is somewhere in the
millions, and I'm curious what that would look like when imported into a
git tree used by public-inbox. For comparison, the Linux kernel itself
is only about 700,000 commits, so a git repo of all LKML archives would
easily dwarf that.

Has anyone tried doing this at all, or should we blaze that trail on our
own?

Best,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev