Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstan...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I suspect this would be Pretty Hard To Do, but wanted to mention it on
> the list anyway, just as a "musing out loud." It would be cool to be
> able to exclude/include results based on conditions in thread
> follow-ups. E.g.:

Yup, I've wanted something like this, too.

> - (subject contains "PATCH") AND (follow-up from test...@example.com
>   that contains "Passed") AND NOT (follow-up from me that contains
>   "Applied|NACK")
>
> I expect this would require client-side filtering, though, as I can't
> imagine being able to sanely do this with Xapian.

Without promising anything, it could be doable server-side if
we're careful to not hog the event loop.  It'll depend on the
"mairix -t" functionality I've talked about, and maybe multiple
queries to Xapian or SQLite...

It would take extra CPU for sure, what's CPU usage look like on
lore at peak times?