Varun Varada <varuncvar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a patch to update the timestamps displayed to have 2 digits
> for the hour when since it is using the 24-hour clock:

Hello Varun, thanks for your interest in the project.

But why this patch?

It's a requirement to document the "why?" for submitting any
patch to any project.

>  # human-friendly format
> -sub fmt_ts ($) { strftime('%Y-%m-%d %k:%M', gmtime($_[0])) }
> +sub fmt_ts ($) { strftime('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M', gmtime($_[0])) }

As a human with degraded eyesight, I see leading zeros from
%H as visual noise which makes numbers harder to read.

%k uses a leading space instead of zero, but still uses two
digits for >=10 hours.  Pretty much any digital clock or timer
in the real world behaves the same way.