On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 07:06:53PM +0000, Eric Wong wrote:
> Was this from /all/ (ALL.git using batch-file) or Gcf2?

I believe this was from Gcf2, though I can't go back and check,
unfortunately.

> The old stuff has timers to do periodic cleanup, but the new
> stuff is trickier as the cost of a restart is higher...
>
> It should be alright to wire up the old timers to ALL.git with
> (hundreds) of inboxes lore currently has.  git 2.33+ should be
> better when we get into the thousands; but it's still not
> great.

Well, it may also not be something that's the responsibility of public-inbox
either, e.g. other long-running daemons don't perform such checks. We can just
issue a reload after we've done repacking.

I was just wondering if perhaps you already did something that would recognize
that old pack files have gone away.

-K