On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 04:30:57PM +0100, Johannes Altmanninger wrote:
> I've been using lei from the 1.7.0 release, which works great.
>
> I had some unrelated problems with one of the created maildirs so I deleted
> said maildir.  Now I can't recreate the maildir. I tried deleting all
> persistent data but got an error:
>
>       $ rm -rf the-maildir ~/.local/share/lei ~/.cache/{public-inbox,lei}
>       $ lei q -I https://lore.kernel.org/git/ -o the-maildir rt:1.week.ago..
>       failed to open
> /home/johannes/.cache/lei/all_locals_ever.git/lei_ale.state: No such file or
> directory
>        at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/PublicInbox/LeiQuery.pm line 117.
>
> A quick look at strace doesn't show access to any other files in $HOME

This is pretty weird: it works in a temporary home, but only for the first time.

        rm -rf the-maildir someuniquename; HOME=$PWD/someuniquename lei q -I
https://public-inbox.org/meta/ -o the-maildir rt:1.day.ago..

When I re-run this command, I get the same error
There seems to be no mention of someuniquename anywhere on my disk (except
in my shell history).