Eric Wong <e...@80x24.org> wrote:
> Is it worth the effort?

Maybe...

> Something tells me that if ActivityPub reaches high-enough
> adoption levels; it'll have to deal with a spam problem that
> email folks have been dealing with for decades, too.
>
> So ActivityPub seems like a duplicated effort as far as it's use
> for messaging for software development goes...

Still true, but it seems to have caught on, lately...

If we manage to try this, it'll be using AP as a transport layer
and still requiring plain-text and RFC5322 (or 822/2822) plain-text
messages compatible with git-am.

That would allow SpamAssassin or similar to perform spam
filtering w/o modification.

Allowing markup or images from arbitrary posters is a nightmare
in terms of spam, phishing and illegal content, though; so
normal mailing list etiquette still applies.