On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 10:18:57PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> Hello Konstantin,
>
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 02:42:15PM -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> > We've had a few requests to mirror public-inbox archives that originate on
> > other systems so they can also be searchable and viewable via
> > lore.kernel.org.
> > I've been dragging my feet on these requests, because they are a potential
> > liability in terms of GDPR compliance.
>
> What is the relevant GDPR liability here? I assume someone who sent a
> mail to (say) bare...@lists.infradead.org can request that you remove
> your copy of that mail?!

It feels stupid to subscribe an archiver agent to the list when a public-inbox
repository is conveniently available for cloning. However, if we just clone
the repository over and integrate it into lore, we need to indicate that we're
just copying bits over from some other location -- I cannot delete things from
the archive on my own any more.

> (I wonder what should be the effect on lore.kernel.org if
> lore.barebox.org removes a mail. Should it disappear from the former,
> too?)

Yes, if we are mirroring the underlying archive git repositories, any deletes
you make on your end will propagate to us.

-K