> > open process tURL for neither
>   > put the result into tResult
>    >if tResult<>"" then
>      >set the itemDel to "\"
>      >put last item of tURL into tFile
>      >get smartAnswer("Process already open",kwote(tFile)&&"has been
>>updated but it cannot be displayed because another instance is already
>>open. Close the window first, then try again.","Cancel")
>Seems unprofessional to have the user close the browser. the page should
>open in the current one. DDE would do this, at least in IE.

Agreed.  I would love to see DDE support to compliment MC's Apple event
support.

>>Kill the process before stating a new one.  Kind of a drag, but better
>>than popping up multiple browsers.
>There a way to get a list of running applications?

I've been using the openProcesses() function.

- Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World
  Multimedia Design and Development for Mac, Windows, UNIX, and the Web
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 http://www.FourthWorld.com
  US: 800-288-5825         Int'l: 323-225-3717        Fax: 323-225-0716