In a message dated 8/20/99 12:13:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I have noticed a certain button behavior that has caused me problems in
the
 past.  I'm not sure if it is a "bug" or a "feature."  To explain how it
 works, I created a new stack with one card with a button named "A1".  The
 script of button A1 is:

 on mouseUp
   beep
 end mouseUp

 When I click on A1, the system beeps as expected.  I then type the following
 into the message box:

 click at the loc of button "A1"

 When executed, the button A1 is clicked and the system beeps.  I then create
 another button "A2" with the following script;

 on mouseUp
    click at the loc of button "A1"
 end mouseUp

 When I click on A2, nothing happens.  However, if I *lower* button A2 to a
 level below A1 and then click on A2, button A1 is click as desired and the
 system beeps.  What gives?  Why should the relative levels of the buttons
 make a different?  I am running MC 2.2.2 >>

It turns out I was running MC 2.2.1.  However, I just tried the same thing
with MC 2.2.3 and got the same results.  If button A2 is at a higher level
than A1, no click is registered at A1 when A2 is clicked.  However, if I go
to the Control Browser and lower button A2 below A1 (put A2 at level 1, A1 at
level 2), and then click A2, a click is sent to A1 and the system beeps as
expected.

Philip Chumbley