> Okay, I noticed that this has been discussed before, but I still don't
> know the answer.  The question is, how do I make it so graphics on the
> PC can have there outside transparent?  Now, I have tried the inks and
> that works on the Mac but not on the PC.  I have also tried using
> Photoshop to make the outside of the graphic transparent, but when I
> open it in MetaCard (I saved it as a GIF) it just turns up with a white
> box around it and the image is inside.  I have also attempted saving as
> a PNG file, but the same thing happens.  Each time I am loading the
> graphic from a GIF/PNG file, they are not imported.  Now, what I need to
> know is, is there a way to have graphics with transparent around them?
> I even tried the opcolor thing, but either I was wording it incorrectly
> or it just doesn't work to begin with.  This is quite important for what
> I am doing and any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Andrew

Do I know the answer to this all too well.  Inks have nothing to do with it.
Stay away from them as they do not do the cross platform thing well.  Only
Photoshop 5.5 has the ability to make the PNG24bit file format.

On the plus side, Graphic Converter now supports this feature properly.  I
have a beta version that works great!  He should be releasing it soon to the
public.  His program only costs around $30.00.  Well worth the features it
contains.

Once you create the image and use the transparent tool which looks like the
magic wand feature that exists in PS, GC makes that color transparent.  Save
the file with the alpha channel feature checked and it will import straight
into MC with a transparent background.  The best part about PNG files is
that they come in 24bits.  They look much better than the GIF images as they
are only 256 colors.

KIDware Technologies
Education Software Developers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]