On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Jacqueline Landman Gay wrote:

> I have a substack that I clone and save to disk. On the Mac, I want the
> saved clone to have the file type and creator of my application, but it
> is always saving the file with the MetaCard type and creator.
>
> I have tried setting the filetype property but that doesn't seem to
> apply to saved stacks. How is this done?

There isn't any way to do it other than with some external or external
app.

> The app is currently set up with the its own file type and icon as local
> ID 1, and also contains a second file type (local ID 2) which is the
> MetaCard file type "MSTK" and icon. This is so that data files can be
> shared during development between the app and the stack versions. So,
> the type and icon for MetaCard do exist in the app, but they are not the
> first one. What criteria does MetaCard use to determine the type and
> creator of saved stacks?

It's hard-coded to "MCRDMSTK".  The only way to change it would be to
hack the executable.  But just coincidentally, a stackFileType
property has been added for 2.3 beta 1 (thank Cross Worlds for this
one, I guess, because they needed it for their new editor ;-)
  Regards,
    Scot

Scott Raney  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.metacard.com