>>Thanks for using an appropriate wording of the subject of your mail. Check
>>out NETIQUETTE if you do not know what I am talking about, please.
>
>Where would I find NETIQUETTE?

Netiquette is a generic term for "Internet etiquette".  It is generally
considered polite to take care to keep thread names intact when replying
to an item on a list so that relevant posts can be easily found in a
search.  If you receive a list digest, a simple "Reply" will only put the
digest name in the subject field, so you'll have to copy the thread name
into that field by hand.  A minor inconvenience, but it really helps the
reader, esp. when these are archived later.

It is also considerd good etiquette to help newcomers become better
citizens through education rather than sarcasm.  It's generally more
effective as well, as it also makes the newcomer feel welcome and
empowered.  Most people want to do the right thing, and given access to
good information they will.

Whether in virtual and actual realities, good manners are the hallmark of
a civilized people.

- Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World
  Multimedia Design and Development for Mac, Windows, UNIX, and the Web
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 http://www.FourthWorld.com
  US: 800-288-5825         Int'l: 323-225-3717        Fax: 323-225-0716