Andu, I've started scripting the server by hacking into the code. I'm
developing it on a predominantly Mac based TCP/IP network, though I have a
Linux box sitting next to me (and a manual at last).

I've scripted a kind of data-flow "debugger" into it, to teach the
"students' what I've been learning about how servers, and CGI's work. I've
implemented the CGI function on the MAC by calling scripts on seperate cards
within the stack (one card per CGI).

I've got to the bit about environmental variables and the post method, for
use with forms. I now see that the "CGI" has to read Stdin, but I guess it
is the job of the server to set the environmental variables? Or is this the
job of the system software???

Would it be possible to collaborate on the scripting?