HI David,

> I've looked at the site, perhaps you could mail me the mc/hypercard stack
> that you used.

It's not so simple... As you could see, the "Cyberboutique" is a
commercial service with an official copyright, home-made XCMD and so on.
Even if i am the inhouse developper of CRDP de Créteil, the soft belongs
to this office, not to me. So, what you will be able to download (see
below), is a lite GPL based issue of the acgi application server, i use
to prototype MacOS based services i am payed to do. Most of my job ends
as Supercard standalones even if i will, from now, go more and more to
Metacard.

I will friendly answer to all questions, not do the job as is. I hope
you can agree with that.

Get the archive "HCACGI" at the ftp folder - using Fetch 3 :
crdp.intereduc.net, "", "", "" - using Communicator :
ftp://crdp.interduc.net/. All you need is there but only as Hypercard
stuff as i am still working on the s Metacard version.

Put all the contents in your own "CGI-BIN" WebStar (3.O1 or greater)
folder, using the "Ecran 1" TeachText PICT to see how to do.

The stack "Home" will be lauch by an Hypercard (2.35 or more - 2.41 for
me) renamed as "WHC" (only to get a more funny name in the URLs; you can
set the name of the HC interpreter to an other name if you want so).

To lauch "Home", you have just to post the "citalis.html" or the
"xgames.html" to see how
the server is able to handle multiple services in a usefull way on the
non-unix systems.

> I think the appleevent information should be converted to a
> property array with the same names as the "environmental variables" you list
> below:

Yes, you will get far the same datas from the appleEvent handler (see
the stack).

> Does "the globals" list all the environmental variables as well? Is this
> list all the Linux environmental variables or just those from the Apache?

Just those from the Apache...

> I suggest we use the same structure in mc.

I agree, even if the mc structure will realy be a lot more clean than
the hc is, in using so many XCMD's...

As you will see, the stack's scripts are not always realy easy to read.
To do it work as fast as possible, to spend a minimum of time in
prototyping development, i wrote the code without to document it. It
would be
great if you could work on the documentation... as i will probably have
no time to do that.

>Asa a first step would it be
> possible to send me your stack that works, with Webstar.

Just go to the ftp link...

> Does it also work
> with Apache/Linux, or is this a separate stack?

Not at this time but soon, i will be able to help about Metacard web
applications too.

If you agree, it could be usefull to open this to every ones at the
list, if some ones more are interested...
We knows that many majors companys of the computing market seems to see
XTalk's as very dangerous (because too powerfull and accessibles)
development tools. XTalk's could become to the development world what
Linux is going to be in the systems software market. As long as to many
few people will know far nothing about the usability of this kind of
Very High Level Language (VHLL), as long they will stay passive
dependants users and consumers. As developer and as teacher, i can't
agree with that...

> I'll post this idea to the list...

Me too...

;-))

Pierre
Pierre Sahores           CRDP de l'academie de Creteil
Tel.: +33 143247509      20, rue Daniele-Casanova
Fax.: +33 148726072      94170 Le Perreux - France
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.crdp.ac-creteil.fr
Web applications servers design, XTalk's, MacOS, Linux