  set the itemDelimiter to "/"
---ERROR---
  #get the long name of this stack
---END ERROR---
  get the filename of this stack
  delete last item of it
  put it into tTopDirectory
  set the directory to tTopDirectory
Then prepend file and subdirectory references with tTopDirectory.

Or, you can refer to the files (and subdirectories?) in the current
directory without using an absolute path, as you're attempting to do
below:
  put url ("file:" & "muchText.txt") into fld "text"

Just remember that the path to the active stack is not necessarily the
current directory. You may have to set the directory as in the first
example above.

HTH.
Phil

--