> > I was surprised that MC stacks/windows can't have
> scrollbars and the
> > vScroll property. I've used this feature in SuperCard,
> HyperCard and
> > ToolBook developments. This is why I tried to use a 'sub-window'
> > approach initially.
>
> This has been discussed (ad nauseum) on this list in the past, but you
> really already discovered the key issue in the diagram you posted to
> the list: if you want to have a menubar and toolbar and status bar in
> the window along with the scrollable area, the
> HyperCard/SuperCard/ToolBook design of making the whole window scroll
> is essentially useless. Only the MetaCard way of having independent
> scrolling groups does what you need, even though it's a little more
> difficult to set up.
> Regards,
> Scott

True, but MetaCard has always been the environment of *options*. These don't
need to be mutually exclusive; at times, it would be great to simply have a
scrolling window (no toolbar/menubar/status bar), and other times to be able
to have everything. In the first instance, it would be great to turn a
property or two on and forget about it. In the second instance, more work is
required (by definition).
Just my $0.02,
Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software